Princeton Birding HOT SPOTS
- A nice pond on Crown Land, parking is on the side of the road only.
- A very short walk to the pond to see waterfowl.
- Watch out for gopher holes, there are a lot of places to twist an ankle here.
- Large enough parking area for a few vehicles in the summer / spring, but it isn’t cleared in the winter.
- For snowshoeing the area, we recommend parking on Laurie Currie Way and entering the gate there.
- A short walk to the lake, through grasslands, where we have two bird blinds.
- Two roadside pull-offs that can fit a couple of vehicles each. A really good scope is usually needed to see from the further pull-out though.
- The KVR crosses the Princeton-Summerland Road just before the lakes (when approached from Princeton) and can be used to bird the east side of the lake.
- Plenty of parking along the hydro line maintenance road.
- Very short walk to the lake.
Princeton KVR West
- Not a lot of parking available where the map pin is placed, but the KVR can be accessed throughout the town so you can park and walk or bike from just about anywhere.
- The pavement ends about half a kilometre after the tunnel (heading west) but the gravel trail continues well beyond that.